The Speech School provides after school public speaking and theatre tuition to Primary School students. Our Confident Kids program is for students in Years 1 and 2, while Speech School 3-6 caters for students in middle and upper primary.
Our weekly classes provide students with ongoing opportunities to learn, practise and refine the art of public speaking in a welcoming, creative and fun environment.
There are a wide range of FUN speaking-based activities and games that will cover the key components of preparing and presenting speeches, delivering prose, poetry, storytelling, debating, monologues, impromptu speeches and theatre skills.
The school caters for everyone and provides time for students to practise and improve the vital skill of public speaking. We aim for these skills to stay with students throughout their school years and their lives.
The Speech School 3-6 Randwick Thursday (3.15pm-4.15pm)
School Holiday Camps
Confident Kids Yr 2 Randwick Wednesday (3.15pm-4.15pm)
What you can expect
- A Covid-19 Safety Plan in place that follows the current Covid-19 Public Health Orders.
- Staff and students who display cold like symptoms require testing, screenshot of negative result sent before returning to class.
- Your child’s confidence and attitude towards Public Speaking and general social interaction to improve
- Teaches stagecraft awareness, including hand gestures, eye contact and speaking stance
- Uses creative speaking games to help overcome fears and build confidence
- Smaller class sizes, which seek to help student’s feel more comfortable when presenting
- Teaches how to effectively use voice projection and expression when speaking to an audience
- Addresses the importance of pitch, pace, pause and emphasis to create an interesting, dynamic speech
- Provides opportunity to present impromptu and prepared speeches
- Introduces speech writing
- Introduces basic rules and roles of debating
- Provides opportunities for fun team debates
- Provides practical tools needed to give persuasive presentations
- Provides plenty of opportunities to think creatively and ‘think on their feet’
- The Speech School encourages students to enter and participate in the Speaking Category of the Sydney Eisteddfod, should they wish to, and facilitates and supports students in their preparations
Teachers have completed 8th Grade Speech and Drama Trinity College London along with the Speech and Drama Trinity College London Diploma or are studying to do so. Coaches are experienced in debating to Senior School level.
Pricing: $260 per term
“My 9 year old has suffered anxiety over public speaking in the past. This course has increased his confidence so much, he actually looks forward to it now. Thanks so much for the caring, structured environment you create, I have seen all the children flourish”. – Lachlan
“We love these classes- given our daughter a lot of confidence in public speaking and just generally. She loves them and comes home full of enthusiasm and describes a really fun and engaging afternoon. Positive and fun- we love it!” – Keith
“This class was VERY good. The fun games helped with our social skills. I learnt about how to present information and convince people that they should buy a product. I really like this class. It would be something I’d like to do again. Thank you” – Chloe
“My son really enjoys these classes, and I love the confidence and skills he’s gaining for public speaking.”